Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do I need therapy?

breeuniqemsns September 4th, 2021

Lately I have so many issues in my myself on which I can't handle, do I need therapy for this? Because it's just getting worse and I don't really know what to do anymore

MindfulListener82 September 4th, 2021

@breeuniqemsns

Good for you for being so self aware. I will say, therapy is great and I've never met someone yet that has ever regretted getting therapy for themselves. Only good things and growth can come from it. I think everyone should try it at least once. You deserve it for yourself ๐Ÿ’

September 5th, 2021

@breeuniqemsns
Hello dear one, so glad to see you here, I am Scarletpear1945
Just thinking about myself I want to say that when things begin to get more than we feel we can handle then yes, it is time to reach out for help. I am not saying you should be seeing a therapist but I do know that having someone to bounce things off of helps a lot. Therapy can prove to be very beneficial in a long run. Talking and journaling can help too. Here at 7cups, you can hire a Therapist for a fee or you can click the chat button and click 1 on 1 Listener chat.

breeuniqemsns OP September 6th, 2021

How do I hire a therapist for free? ๐Ÿ˜Š

soulsings September 5th, 2021

@breeuniqemsns that is a great question to ask for yourself.

You may want to look at the response of Lisa, counselor and clinical director of 7cups online therapy found here https://www.7cups.com/forum/7CupsOnlineTherapy_157/FAQfrequentlyaskedquestionsabout7cupsOnlineTherapy_2181/Whatdoestherapistactuallydo_243630/

Here is an excerpt "Beginning therapy can be a big step toward being the healthiest version of yourself and living the best life that you can, no matter what challenges you're experiencing. It might feel daunting at first as even positive change can be really tough! Through therapy, you can change self-destructive behaviors and habits, resolve uncomfortable feelings and improve your relationships."