Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don’t know what to do...making a decision is very difficult for me.

alvinarose November 8th, 2022

I love my partner, we have a child together and live together, but he made another woman pregnant before we had a child, now his daughter to that woman is now 8yrs old and still they text and chat with each other. Now I confronted my partner about why he’d still do that after he promised me that he only want to see and be with her daughter together with our son, replied: “sometimes I can’t avoid seeing and having dinner with them since she is the mother of my daughter”. and he told me that to make me feel less stressed we have to separate our own living lives but give him 3 months' time to find his own place to stay. I really need help. I’ve been suffering from mental health issues for over a decade now!

soulsings November 9th, 2022

@alvinarose I am sorry you are feeling so stressed. That must be rough for you.

What other difficulties have come up in your relationship with the father of your child? It would be highly unusual for him to leave if things were going well. Is that a sign of other things that have been troublesome in the relationship.

What ways do you think he might reconsider? Maybe it is time to talk about practical matters how 2 can live more reasonably together than living separately. If they are not willing to negotiate, that sounds like their mind may have already been made up before this last flare up happened.

Hope you get the support you are looking for.