Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hurt

Wiltingrose13 February 10th, 2023

How do you let the hurt go? I am not angry anymore, I just want to stop hurting. All my dad did my whole life was tell me I wasn't good enough. I wasn't thin enough, I wasn't smart enough, I wasn't strong enough. I was just never enough. He is a homeless meth addict and I told him 2 years ago I wanted nothing to do with him. Everything still hurts. How do I move on and just stop hurting?

toughTiger6481 February 10th, 2023

@Wiltingrose13

letting go of anger is a important step..... letting go of the hurt IMO is only done when you see the person who hurt us may have done this to share their hurt or pain...... people in my life that have said the most hurtful or mean things where on reflection all bitter and unhappy people.

I know we look to parents even when grown we want approval or whatever but as you explained he is flawed as well...

if this person was not your dad would you even give credibility to their opinion.

Parents some times cannot see items ( good or bad) in their child...... that everyone else sees ....

Wiltingrose13 OP February 11th, 2023

That is actually very helpful. Thank you for that.

affectionateMoon0902 February 11th, 2023

Yes, sometimes parents or any family members are not the closest person to you. I am experienced or experiencing this thing, it is difficult when you stick with people who doesn't know you, and furthermore don't want to know you. People keep telling me to move away but it ain't that easy.

InFairness February 11th, 2023

@Wiltingrose13 Having been in a similar situation a long time ago, what worked for me was understanding that the only person in the world who has had my experiences, and made my choices... was me. Knowing this I realised that there was only one person capable of judging me, and knowing who I am. Hat also was me. Understand that your dad is probably battling his own demons, and whilst inexcusable, he is taking out his anger or frustrations out on anyone thats not himself. Its not you personally. Remember that every time you feel the hurt and it will get easier :)

Marialedoffchoseme February 11th, 2023

@Wiltingrose13 how to let it go.... It seems if we still need it we try to keep it, we hold it for some reason..... maybe we should find this reason... or several reasons... why we try to keep it... and yes okay i try to keep it... its mine.... okay... but can i let new things into my life? love..... new friends.... flowers... gifts.... new people.... do i have space for that? should i free some space? 💖

Hapra February 11th, 2023

The pain is valid. You have nothing to prove to anyone.

Louiseweezer February 11th, 2023

I would not talk to people that upset you and give your self time to cope and live your life. I going through the same thing