Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Asking an 18 year old

loyalApricot1375 November 17th, 2023

I want to ask out an 18-year-old, but her friends are advising me against it. However, there is no legal prohibition against dating an 18-year-old in my state. I feel like no one is supporting me. I feel like life has no meaning for me right now. 

soulsings November 18th, 2023

@loyalApricot1375 I am sorry that you are feeling no meaning in life. That must be rough to go through. I am a peer supporter and do not know the situation so I will not comment on what you should do.

I have done things on the outside to make the inside feel better but that has never really worked for me and I ended up hurting people because I did not consider how they would react.  

What I try to do is look at my past experiences and how I acted to others. There were times where my motivation was wanting something for myself and not considering how it might affect the other person. I would not want to be the one to break someone's heart again as I have done before.

Have you considered getting help? This could be a life changing event for both of you and that means it would be better not being rushed into.