Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

my substance abuse journey

kvala5 December 27th, 2022

hi everyone!! im Kaitlyn. im 16 years old and have been struggling with substance abuse (mainly weed and psychedelics) for about three years. I’ve been in recovery for a year, and im currently 20 days clean! I definitely couldn’t have done it without the unconditional love and support I receive on apps like these.

I’ve been to three residentials and two PHP programs in the past year, so I have a fair amount of insight to share if anyone needs some support, or just a somebody to listen to them. I know how lonely substance abuse or recovery can make you feel, so know that I am always here to support or do my best to help you in any way that I can.

whether you’re in addictive addiction or active recovery, there are so many people that relate to you and care about you, and sometimes it isn’t the people you currently feel closest to.

stay strong and be safe everyone!!

globalBraid3744 December 31st, 2022

@kvala5

Hey Kaitlyn! I am so proud of you that you made it to 20 days streak already! That must have required lots of effort and dedication.

Any form of support in this period definitely plays a crucial role. What do you think are/were other things that are helping you on your way to recovery?

Thank you for sharing your story and being here for everyone struggling with abuse 🌸

SilverMistakes January 10th, 2023

@kvala5 hey buddy thank you so much for sharing your experience . It's really encouraging to know others are making it through