Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i cant stop taking painkillers

cadenssocks February 22nd

lately, (in the last year or so) every time things get hard ive turned to over-the-counter painkillers. i usually used them for headaches (which i get often) but once i realized they could also have a mind-numbing effect ive started using them for things outside of physical pain, sometimes taking more than the recommended dosage.

as a person with adhd, i know i am very prone to addiction and im scared i'm headed in that direction. im scared if i ever get access to anything stronger, i wont be able to say no.

i dont exactly have someone close to me i can really talk to about any of this and if i tried to call a help line or anything like that i think id end up causing more problems than id be solving. so thats why i came here

i really just want to stop myself now before it leads to something way worse and maybe find a better way to cope when i start to feel awful

toughTiger6481 February 22nd

@cadenssocks

there are so many side effects to over the counter pain meds and you really should consider long term damage in exchange for short term numb....that  is not a good deal. 

As most of us know even if we drink or take pills etc to numb when it wears off guess what ....

the same issues  and stress and hurt feelings are still there.  i know it sucks but dealing with the items that we are avoiding while painful at first is better then destroying our health and then later coming to terms with items that bothered us ........maybe too late.