Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What to do when turned away

Madhatter22 January 27th, 2020

Hey folks I have been fighting my addiction for many years. I have attempted to sign up for rehabs. In my area they are either full or want huge amounts of money. I have been to hospitals and have been told that I am a disposable human. I feel lost and alone. I have been told that I push people away. Seems that anything I do just makes things worse I even had a supportive friend but in true fashion I messed that up as well. I am very sorry this post most likely doesn't make sense. I am hoping someone else will see this and know the feeling. If nothing else maybe they will not feel alone in they're fight. Once again I am sorry for the Post

lovelyWhisper66 January 29th, 2020

@Madhatter22 Hi hatter, lovely to hear from you! No need to apologize, I appreciate you opening up to us. I am so sorry about your struggles. Addiction is hard enough to cope with, but without support, it makes things worst. How are you coping? You are welcome to keep us posted on how you are doing and also connect with a listener at any time. Best wishes; we are here for you. *sending you positive vibes* :)

juliak1968 February 25th, 2020

@Madhatter22

From what ive seen you are so right!

The mental health addiction sector has some great people workingbin key positions but their hands are tied to dysfunctional policies. Many times doctors perscribe great alternatives to opiois, but one script later the insurance companies take it away. Then after youve tried everything else, the pain (and the insurance co.) forces into cheap dangerious opioids. The opioids work, no doubt about that, but the cost is your quality of life. As time goes by, the opioids seep into our routine and we slowly get a toletance but we want to do the right things so we dont ask for an increase. Years go by and now good people are enslaved by these medications, and when we seek help are treated like we did something wrong. We are turned away to suffer and sucumb like all before us. Pushed away like we have no value. We begin to feel like we have no value.

We cant fight it alone, but we are shunned

ADDICTION

SNEAKS UP

ON YOU