Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Smoking

fritterandwaste September 7th, 2019

I have been smoking for about 6 years. I have been finding it very difficult to find motivation to quit. it has taken a toil on my health. I would love to hear stories from those suffering from the addiction and those who have quit. looking forward to quitting :)

technium September 15th, 2019

@fritterandwaste

I was smoking for 14 years. What worked for me was exercise. I joined a gym without the intention of stopping to smoke. I was just trying to gain some mass because I was extremely underweight. I even smoke in between sets behind the gym. But I noticed as the week progressed, the less fulfillment I get from smoking until the craving naturally went away. I don't know the exact explanation for this. Maybe it has something to do with the reward system in the brain because it also cured my depression.

Give it a try and good luck!

fritterandwaste OP September 19th, 2019

@technium thats a good idea technium. i was thinking of joining adult ballet classes soon. some amount of exercise might help this cause actually. thank you, i shall get back to you with some amount of progress if made. :)

technium September 19th, 2019

@fritterandwaste

Looking forward to your success! :)

friendlyFarm2629 May 16th, 2020

@technium I did this and it works! But now that we're all stuck in quarantine and the gyms are closed the cravings are back . Help

YaboiRogers May 31st, 2020

I managed to quit for almost two months but relapsed and now I've got to start again. So much time feels wasted but the only failure is giving up trying to quit completely!