Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relapse

SunshineIvy April 22nd, 2022

i relapsed a few days on alcohol. I had been sober for almost two months before and now I feel like shit, literally. I honestly hate myself for that. Especially cause of what I did while drunk. I completely embarrassed myself. And it has really taken a lot of effort to finally start getting over the shame and gaining my self esteem and build back so many other aspects of my life, only for me to tear it all down in one night. This sucks….

anxietywarrior23 April 23rd, 2022

@SunshineIvy

I'm so sorry you relasped. Also a friendly reminder you can't curse on this platform.

NorthernRights65 April 23rd, 2022

How wonderful that you had managed to abstain for a whole two months! Relapse is common, but not all is lost. Drug/alcohol addiction is a medical condition, so a lapse in judgement is nothing to be ashamed of. Try to establish a secure support system that will encourage you to push on and act as a safety net when times get overwhelming. I am proud of you for coming to terms with this and taking action!

@SunshineIvy completely understand, I have been there many times. its not a great feeling. I trying to give up alcohol too. Be positive 1 day at a time x