Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to quit

beautifullybroken September 10th, 2022

I’m struggling with a drug addiction. I have used things like meth, Xanax, adarall, and just bought heroine for the first time. I have tried calling my mental health case worker she has not replied in two months. I have reached out for help o don’t know what to do. I’m thinking about going to rehab but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea? What is your opinion on rehab? Was it helpful?

intelligentClementine7876 September 11th, 2022

@beautifullybroken

I think if it's gotten to a point where you can feel the addiction negatively affecting your life, it might be time to consider rehab. It might provide opportunities for you to connect with others. Rehab can give you the support you need and provide resouces.

magicalOcean594 September 13th, 2022

@beautifullybroken

hi love welcome to the community<3

my experience for rehab is not a place where you think you will be “cured” but it is a great place to get education on your addiction and clear headed to open up the door to potential sobriety and recovery <3 you start to get a glimpse of who you may be, start to think better, look at yourself a little differently (postitivly) but it helped me to learn alot about my disease, if you do end up going, try not to get wrapped up in the drama. It can be an amazing experience but you get what you put in, and just remember it can be life or death, and this is your sickness and your there to learn and grow, for a moment. Also i would speak to maybe a Counclior first to see what they suggest? If a 28 day or a long term would be more beneficial depending on obligations in your personal life such as job, kids etc. i hope whatever decision you make im sure it will be the best one:) i hope this helped somewhat! Don’t hesitate to reach out anytime on the forums. Thats what we and the members/listeners and the community team leaders are for:)

Dad2Carson0319 September 18th, 2022

Yo if I'm not to late don't do the heroin. I'm sorry to hear that your mental health case worker isn't responding. I know how that can be. I've contacted my local mental health office and left voicemails and they never got back to me. I've thought about rehab as well. My mom went to rehab for Norco's and is now on Suboxone but off the pills and working everyday so rehab definitely helped her a lot. I'm still considering it myself to be honest. I would love to hear how your week has been. I'm surprised I'm the first person to comment on your post.

compassionateCar7091 September 20th, 2022

rehab was helpful for me, i still use what i leaned today in my everyday life

tornwillow September 26th, 2022

You are so strong

So sorry to hear of your struggles and please reach out to the service of your support worker so that you can get appropriate and necessary response or elsewhere if prefer?

Are you seeing a counselor? This could be beneficial as your work through some tough decisions, sounds like you're already considering some great options. Everyone's experiences are different so try not to take on too much of what may or may not be useful for you.

Listen too and trust your instincts, often we ourselves know what is best for us.

I hope you are being kind to yourself and being safe so are not alone especially in the times you speak of experiencing.