Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help with xans

SpookyKurt January 6th, 2023

I'm pretty sure I'm going back to being an addict, I can't remember the last weekend. I took 12. I'm surprised I've made it to today. What can I do to help calm my nerves and not wanna pop them. I love not remembering or feeling anything, but there's got to be something else to help me..

SweetPea321 January 6th, 2023

Please be careful. Life is precious.

juliak1968 January 6th, 2023

@SpookyKurt

My Dad OD'ed and I wrote this poem about it, we are turning it into a song. The message is to be very careful!~

THE LAST ROSE

Death has come much to close

You were sleeping at your post

You burned the toast

Bowed you head and dozed

then you FKn overdosed

You didn't win

You didn't die with the most

No regrets, It's the life you chose

That's how life goes

I found you slumped with a *** nose

Fold your hands for the final pose

This is your Last Rose

That look on your face forever froze

In your nicest clothes

A powdered nose

A tag on your toe

It's so gross

Thought I heard you call out as the casket closed

The Father. The Son, and the Holy Ghost

....... ... ...A black bird crows

No more pheaning

There's death when I'm dreaming

In my head I hear silent screaming

Life's lost it's meaning

Tear drops are streaming

On your tombstone I'm leaning

The Roman ritual the priest was reading

Was the comfort we all were needing

The book of life records the cheating

Page two has all mistreating

Page three has all not worth repeating

There's no deleting

Don't bother pleading

It's far to late when your heart stops beating

Don't make the same mistake my dad made, people care about you and 7cups members want to help you gain understanding of many types of mental health issues. You're not alone!~

Blessings, Day

Meshack February 8th, 2023

@SpookyKurt I feel you 1000%. However, this road will end w addiction, and for me, it ended w prison. Benzos are a band-aid, they serve a purpose, but they shouldn't be used as your only means for managing your anxiety. You have to train your brain just like you'd train your body, so think of "anxiety workouts" like mediation and yoga, that, with time, actually train your mind to have less anxiety. It's not instant, so you can use your xanax while you're "in training". In prison, there was no option for taking a xanax, so I was thankful that I had learned breathing techniques beforehand to cope. There's lots online. I use the 4 square technique. I breathe in for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, breathe out for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, repeat until better. I tap the count out on my hand for further tactile grounding in the moment. Prison xanax, lol, but it really helps, and, it's not addictive. I really like a type of mediation called Yoga Nidra that's a place between awake and asleep. Ally Boothroyd has lots of vids on YouTube, I find her voice soothing. With breathing techniques and meditation, your overall anxiety level will come down eventually. I hope these tips help you feel better both in the moment and over the long-term.... ☮️