Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Potential issue

StrangeClarity June 12th, 2022

I’ve recently (back In December 2021) begun getting into the home brew hobby. The only issue is that it’s caused me to realize there’s two different modes I go into when I begin drinking: the first, “careful drinker”, where I take active steps to ensure that I don’t go overboard, and the “reckless abandon” where all bets are off and I drink without any real thought, getting beyond inebriated in a short while. I limit my drinking to weekends, but which mindset I go into depends on whether I’m with others or not, could this constitute an alcohol-related problem? Addictions run in the family, and it’s something that I want to be aware of and (if necessary) take steps to avoid.

FrenchMarbles June 19th, 2022

Hello @StrangeClarity

Welcome to 7Cups, my name is FrenchMarbles, I’m one of the listeners here and I just wanted to say, it’s a problem when you recognise it, but I am glad you’re able to recognise this behaviour and label it rather than ignoring it and hoping it goes away.

Are you able to drink alcohol-free beers to see if that helps with the cravings?

Best wishes

F r e n c h M a r b l e s

Quality Mentor Listener Coach Forum Supporter Project Agent

Press the ‘Reply’ button to respond to me, so I can get a notification, otherwise I might not even see it!