Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New here.

GingerSunshyne January 10th, 2018

Wine is my vice. I can't have just one glass. I *have* to drink the whole bottle at one time. I was discussing it with my therapist, but had to stop going over the holidays due to lack of finances. He actually helped me stop for a while, but then cold weather came and I have a back injury and my meds weren't working as well in the cold. So yeah. I have kids, and I won't drink until they go to sleep, but there's always an empty bottle in the trash when they wake up. They're getting old enough to ask questions so IDK what to do.

HakunaMatata2k January 13th, 2018

@GingerSunshyne

May I ask your reason for drinking?
Is it habit or to make physical emotional pain etc.?
It is important to deal with the core issue behind an addiction (if you don't mind me calling it that).

Thank you for at least waiting until your children are in bed before drinking. My cousin had to watch her mother day in day out drink up until the age of 8 when she passed away and to this day she still remembers how she behaved and I can't imagine what that must be like for her.

GingerSunshyne OP January 13th, 2018

@HakunaMatata2k

i drink to deal with physical pain and stress.

dancingStrawberry34 January 15th, 2018

@GingerSunshyne

Welcome :D

Laura January 19th, 2018

@HakunaMatata2k

Modersation can be challenging. I think its very brave that you have taken the steps to post here and share about your situation. Have you tried other methods to manage stress, for example: meditation, working out/ going for a walk, listening to music, doing something creative, knitting, writing, reading, calling a friend on the phone....etc. Maybe next time you feel the stress coming in, you can try to manage the pain and stress in a different way.

Keep your head up, you are stronger than you realize :)

GingerSunshyne OP January 15th, 2018

Thanks Strawberry