Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self doubt

quietNickel1872 April 27th, 2023

I have been doubting myself lately. I used to have a friend who would assure me that i am studying correctly and help me in my doubts which would help me feel that i am doing okay and studying well. I am not that close with her now and she's got a new study partner who is at her "level". So i really feel insecure for my exams that are about to start in few days. I feel dumb and feel maybe without her help i'll not score good. I know this might sound stupid but i am not able to think this way. I do have a few other friends who might help me but for some reason i feel she is the only one, i feel like i was dependent on her and was lazy enough at that time. I dont know i dont wanna feel this way. Please give some suggestions to not feel this way.

toughTiger6481 May 1st, 2023

@quietNickel1872

i know at the time she was a big help to you keeping you on course and reassuring you ...... that is great and it is easy to fall into the thinking that the encouragement and mentoring will continue.....

IMO sooner or later we need to become our own advocate and while a helping and reassuring word is always welcome life has a way of people doing different things and maybe moving on ....... the best gift she could have provided is belief in yourself ....... stressing about needing a nudge or someone to keep you on task maybe examine why ........ what is keeping you from being your own cheerleader.

quietNickel1872 OP May 4th, 2023

Thankyou i was feeling down from the past 2-3 days. This is really helpful at this moment. I hope you have a nice day ahead.

calmDew1576 May 5th, 2023

@quietNickel1872 I was recently reading a new research that proved people do good every time the receive encouragement from others (or if they generally believe in themselves). In the study they blindfolded people, they encouraged them to do bascetbell shoots and regardless of height and strength, encouragement made people achieve the highest scores. In other words it's not that girl that you need. It's who she made you BELIEVE YOU ARE. You are amazing and you don't need anyone to succeed. We are all here for you so if you need this encouragement please don't hesitate to connect with a listener for a 1on1 session. Thank you for sharing!

Whyme3112 May 13th, 2023

@calmDew1576

I saw something similar to that in the show Brain Games which used to be aired in Nat Geo

quietNickel1872 OP May 8th, 2023

Thankyou so much. This is really good and helpful for me.

Quackersome May 17th, 2023

@quietNickel1872

I hope I'm not too late to reply :p

I completely get what you mean, as a student myself, it feels scary and daunting to study for an exam without knowing you have your friend to rely on. Like others here said though, it's about the confidence you feel while studying with your friend and knowing that if you need help, there's someone there to help out, which is true!! It's completely okay to not know things or get stuck here and there, we're not google after all. What's key though is maintaining your composure when this happens and finding the answer! Could ask your friends or a teacher or google or ChatGPT or anybody, it's about you feeling confident about what you know, rather than worrying about what you don't know or understand.

You can accomplish anything you set your mind to as long as you stay calm. That way, if you're faced with a problem, you're level-headed enough to decide what to do next without panicking.

Good luck with your exams!