Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I got a really, really, low score on my PSAT . .

EspressoGuy March 28th, 2018

Hi everybody.

Last year I took the PSAT and I got an incredibly low score about 700. Last year my score was like a 590 or something. And my brother made fun of me because of the extremely low score I got. I know its just the PSAT, but Im in IB and that looks incredibly bad on me — and Im really worried because since the PSAT is somewhat similar to the SAT/ACT, Im really worried about how Im going to perform on those tests.

Can someone help give me advice please?

Thank you.

Booklover95 March 28th, 2018

@EspressoGuy

People who make fun of you are extremy insecure people. Ignore your brother, nothing wrong with failing. Failure can actually be good.

My suggestion is for you to see where your mistakes were. Make you don't have the best study method, maybe you got stressed during the exam, maybe you struggle with interpretating questions properly, maybe you didn't understand the stuff well enough.. can be alot of different stuff! So try to spot what it is so you can fix it.

EspressoGuy OP March 29th, 2018

@Booklover95 Yeah, thank you for responding to my post. I'm going to consider you what you told me and keep it in my mind. I think it really is a matter of understanding the questions, focusing on where it is, and what it is that I need to focus on to improve my scores as a start.

Thank you.

:)

HopieRemi June 26th, 2018

@EspressoGuy

Hey just letting you know I have moved your thread to our exam section!