Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Procrastination

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid, or at least reduce procrastination? I have a lot to do. But, sometimes I feel like either I'm going too slow or I'm being lazy. I tried to follow some routines. But, sometimes I can't get myself to do things. Can someone please help me with this?

CriSun April 19th

@imaginativePineapple3079

I'm also usually procrastinated, so i usually don't follow a very strict daily schedule. Nevertheless, everyday morning, I will write down a list of what should I do according to what can i do.  Thus, when I finish the to do list at the end of the day, even though it is not a lot, it gives a feeling of fulfilment. I will also take a routine such as study or work for 20min and then relax for 10min, according to your attention. You may also do 15min for full attention and then relax. Hope this might help

imaginativePineapple3079 OP April 26th

@CriSun   I did try to follow such a routine. I would set a timer for 25 mins or 45 mins ans will study till then. But, that didn't last long. Only when I have the exam pressure, I'm able to follow this. The day before the exam, I'll be studying for hours and will be taking only 5 min and maximum 10 minute break. Otherwise it's somewhat the opposite. I was wondering what would happen if I followed the schedule I follow the day before the exams, everyday? Then, I didn't think much after that. I know that it's not going to happen. I think it's the pressure which keeps me going. But I really don't want to keep everything till the last minute. I actually hate that. But, I can't help it. I don't know why am I like this!

purpleWriter6096 April 25th

@imaginativePineapple3079   I am right there with you. I am going to follow this because I'd like to know myself. I am the worst at putting things off, but then my grades take a big hit. 

Hihi! Fellow procastinator here! I find that having friends/ classmates who are more on task to stay with me has 'pressured' me into being more productive with my work. And slowly, you'll feel more motivated to do your work without having that external pressure. Hope this helps!