Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feel like a lazy blob

gentleSail2728 July 13th, 2022

Inside my mind, I know that I need to do my homework and study, but my body doesn't.

It's feel easier for me to just stay on my phone instead of working.

I really need help. I think I'm too addicted to my phone.

butterlycow July 13th, 2022

@gentleSail2728J

I have exactly the same problem. Today I set a pomodoro alarm and just thought I was going to copy my lessons to my computer. I managed to do 2 sessions (2 X 25 minutes) — I'm happy because it's much more than those last days.

Here are some tips that might help you :

Disable social media notifications

Unfollow people on social medias who do not bring you good things

Use a pomodoro alarm or time your study time

Prepare a REALISTIC schedule with time for studies with breaks and time for social networks and other distractions

(+ bonus if the schedule is cute looking)

If you work 5 minutes or 15 minutes, it's good already. Don't set yourself goals that are too difficult !
Try to focus on what you're doing rather than what you're not doing

Put your phone away when you study, or maybe study directly on your phone

Listening to music in the background can help. Using headphones can also help focus

Prepare a quiet place to study without any distractions. You can also prepare a snack or a drink

Studying while imagining being a teacher giving lessons can also help some people

Look for new ways to study, you can recite, copy, highlight... Use a funny pen... It can be many things !

If your lessons are on a PDF document you can also have options to have your computer read the lesson out loud to you

ALSO when you can't study/focus, you can surely find YouTube videos or documentaries on the subject. You can even watch this in your bed ! And it's always interesting to see a different perspective than your teacher on a subject

+ videos are more visual and can be easier to remember or understand

I really hope something will help you !

butterlycow July 13th, 2022

@gentleSail2728

Oh you can also make flashcards ! In real or with apps !