Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Discontinuing YouCanBookMe

Heather225 August 29th, 2023

Listeners have been scheduling chats with members using a site called YouCanBookMe. Up until recently, YCBM did not require exchanging emails to do this which kept within our guidelines regarding safety and confidentiality. Unfortunately, it’s now mandatory, and in order for us to ensure said guidelines, we must prohibit the use of the site. On the plus side, however, we are hoping to get a calendar embedded into the platform in the future.

In the meantime, if you prefer not to utilize an external calendar on your device, I recommend using the Notes feature we still have to jot down your scheduled chats. You can find it in the dropdown beneath your username.

beck1 August 29th, 2023

@Heather225 thanks for the update. Its unfortunate that they changed the requirements because I know a lot of Listeners really enjoyed using that! A Calendar is a great idea to add to Listener profiles!

niamh333 August 29th, 2023

@Heather225 Good to know! Thanks!

cloudySummer August 30th, 2023

Nextcloud has an app called Appointments, if that helps with filling the gap this creates.

QuietMagic December 7th, 2023

@Heather225

Hi, I'm just now seeing this thread... 😊

I checked my booking form just now, and in both the back-end and the front-end, the required fields look the same as how I set them up a few years ago. I submitted a test booking request for myself and confirmed that entering an e-mail is not required.

image_1701991149.png

Since my booking form is not actually asking for an e-mail address, is it okay for me to continue using it? If I don't have to get rid of it, I'd prefer not to.