Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

mariana4 May 2nd, 2015

I cannot seem to find anywhere on this site to do a profile, info , photo etc, Can someone help, please.

humorousTriangle605 May 2nd, 2015

This is not a social networking site!

squib May 2nd, 2015

After you reach a certain level of participation you can upload a profile photo, but that's basically as much as you can personalize.

May 2nd, 2015

@mariana4you can find settings page if you look into upper right corner of your screen, click on your username and go to 'settings'. Here is direct link to this page - click. Here you will be able to upload a picture/photo after you have had some website activity, and I apologize for not having a clear answer on this, but I will look it up and post after I find exact information!

As others already explained, members are currently unable to put any more info in a form of text 'About me' description on their profiles, and there are few reasons, most important of which is preserving safety, anonymity, confidentiality and also because it is hard to monitor and report inappropriate content. It also helps distinguish listener and member roles on this website better and preserve boundaries, because the main purpose of this website is to offer help and support to people in need, and socialization is not among top priorities. I hope this explained a bit.
I wish you a wonderful day and hope this was helpful!

placidSummer1979 July 6th, 2015

First off: sorry for replying to an old thread. (if that is not the prefered way here)

I would like some form of customization, but I see the need to limit our options.

What I would like is a selectable dropdown for gender (if there is I can't find it) and perhaps... well I thought of something when I started to write this post but it slipped my mind. hehe.