Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New here, is there something I'm missing about the chatting feature?

username8220 June 20th

I tried to talk to two different people. The first stopped replying and I'm pretty sure they went offline. The second time, the same exact thing happened. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing or some etiquette I'm not aware of? 

Hiya @username8220 welcome to the community. 

From what you mentioned, it's unfortunate you had to experience two of your listeners leaving you without notice in the chat. If the chat looks fine or the app seems to be working okay, not buggy/ lagging and you've tried refreshing to see new messages, it's likely just that listeners stopped responding. 

Typically it shouldn't happen because we expect listeners to be more mindful about communicating more effectively, if they need to end chats for any reasons anytime, specially if they accept a chat and commit to support for a stipulated time duration. 

Sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances though, connectivity issues or emergency of sorts off-cups, when an immediate notice may not be as feasible.

Even so, it's more professional of them, if they can inform or message as soon as possible, excusing for any unfortunate delays. 

If this repeats, or if you never hear from these listeners, after they allotted a time for the chat and disappeared without a notice, nor returned any messages even after some time/day, you can always share your honest chat experience feedback by writing them a review. 

Or can report such instances, that seem like being ghosted on here, using this form: https://help.7cups.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360002045973 so the listeners receive relevant feedback and coaching to improve on the said aspect of their listener role!

Meanwhile, perhaps you can try browsing for verified listeners or Adult-teen listeners here? https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

I do hope you have a better experience as a member in future chats!💛

optimisticTown9695 June 20th

@username8220

I used to be a listener but i stopped for my own mental health, is it possible they left because they needed to as well?