Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What the heck?..possibly blocked by a listener for telling them why i was feeling bad?..

underthemoonlightdust November 14th, 2015

So i was feeling bad today about some fam issue still am..and i talk to this listener who is all friendly looking in his pic and people have written about how great he is..sighs anyways he at first is friendly and even offers advice but as i am about to finish typing the rest of the issue im having i get some error about how hes unavailable something like that with some error code and i also tried to look him up on the list of listeners thinking its a mistake and i get a different error saying my call was blocked..While im wondering what the F? I don't get it at all why he blocked me?..It only made me feel worse and i wonder why people even become listeners if some of them are jerks..Starting to hate this place I don't come on here to feel worse i come here to get support and feel better and most often than not i just feel worse after running into a lot of listeners who are rude or take for ever to get back at u when u just need some oen to show some freaking empathy at least.

theworldisquiethere November 14th, 2015

Im so sorry that you had an experience like this, @underthemoonlightdust! The listener was certainly in the wrong here and you deserved to be treated much better. When you came to 7 Cups of Tea, we made you an unspoken promise to listen, to be kind, and to never judge, and hearing that a listener broke that promise with you is awful. If you still know the listeners name, you are able to report him for his poor conduct by submitting a support ticket or by emailing community@7cups.com.

On the listener side of the site, were definitely aware that theres been a problem with newer listeners simply blocking members when they dont know how to handle the conversation. The good news is that the issue seems to be improving thanks to the various forms of training and education that have been made more readily available to new listener to help solve this problem. Its definitely still a work in progress, however, and Im sorry that you encountered a listener who did not understand the proper way to behave in a 1-on-1 chat with you. (Hopefully the block was accidental, especially since you said the chat was going well before! Sometimes listeners or members do accidentally block the person theyre talking with without meaning to, and if thats the case then this listener is probably just as upset about the way the chat ended as you are.)

Theres also the troubling fact that, as with virtually any internet community, there are people who come to the site and attempt to abuse it. So many different people in the 7 Cups community do such an amazing job of trying to manage the users whore attempting to abuse the site, from moderators in the support rooms to the amazing community managers, and the best way you can help them is by reporting listeners you encounter who dont seem to be treating members the way theyre supposed to.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the way you were treated in this chat, and I hope you encounter much kinder and more professional listeners in the future! Thank you for sharing this feedback—its helpful to know that this issue is still somewhat persistent. After all, its hard for anyone to do anything about a problem if it isnt brought up and Im grateful that you shared your experience and let us know about the issue you encountered. I hope you have a good day and that you're able to connect with much better listeners in the future! You are always welcome here, and you never deserve to be blocked for attempting to discuss legitimate issues in your life.

underthemoonlightdust OP December 6th, 2015

@theworldisquiethere Thanks for responding back,i hadn't really been on here so just saw this.