Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

"Teen listeners"

RoseKay September 2nd, 2014

I am 18 and i have a really really big problem! but when i talk to a listener of "Adult" they dont even know what to tell me or how to talk to me cause they are teenegers! Did you know how stupid i feel when i fnd out that i was talking to a teen who is only 16 years old! yes i know they want to help! but they cant handle or even understand my problem what im feeling! its just so stupid, its not helpful guys, it makes you feel stupid or worst:(

Jadie September 2nd, 2014

Hi Rosa. I?m sorry to hear you?ve had a negative experience with listeners lying about their age. Teen listeners (16-17) should only be able to support other teens (13-17), and if you?re speaking with a teen pretending to be over 18, you can report the listener using the red square under the Send button, to ensure safety for the listener and member alike. That being said, there are plenty ofadult listeners who would be willing to listenand to give you a safe space to reflect on what you?re going through, you can also search through Browse Listeners to find someone you might feel more comfortable chatting with. Take care!

RoseKay OP September 2nd, 2014

Yeah, thanks tho! i'll try and well hopefully i'll talk to an adult "this time":/

ArwaS August 30th, 2018

Quite a late response but wanted to answer just in case someone does come across this and wonders the same thing,
It is hard being 18 and not being able to
relate to every adult listener you connect to, especially when the age difference can be very large. But that doesn't mean you can't get support from someone who can understand you. We have adult-teen listeners, (a lot of these listeners have actually aged up from the Teenside so they tend to be 18-21), who are able to listen to both teens and adults, you can filter them in the browse listeners page and message them!
@Yendi