Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Creepy Listeners

EmilyEarwig December 17th, 2018

Anyone else have experience chatting with a creepy listener? This listener called [name removed] wanted to chat on Skype because 7Cups was laggy and she really wanted to help me with my problem. I said before adding her that I am only comfortable chatting and not video calling and she said she was fine with it. So we were talking on Skype and she barely acknowledged my rant and started pushing me to video call. I said I didnt want to and her reply was just to see each other real quick. I asked what for and she stopped replying. Blocked her, left a negative review, and reported her to the staff.

It wasnt that bad but it sure was inappropriate. I checked Reddit and the reviews said this is really common here. Anyone else experience this? I mean, I know anyone can be a listener but damn.

EmilyEarwig OP December 18th, 2018

@Jessica212 it's okay :)

EmilyEarwig OP December 18th, 2018

@Jessica212 I'm so sorry that happened to you. That fucking blows.

The one I talked to had a five-star rating and good reviews too. Now that you mentioned it, she probably was just posing as a woman!

unassumingNest3857 December 18th, 2018

@Jessica212 hope u r fine now dear , people like this in 7cups too , thats real discouraging

Meg12566 December 17th, 2018

@EmilyEarwig Some can be creepy. Asking for id, some even harrass you. Yikes!

AnonymousGirl105 December 17th, 2018

This listener yesterday said "If you are hungry, we can have sex." I reported them and apparently, I got an email today that said their account was removed.

ReadBooksDrinkTea December 17th, 2018

Got into an argument with user here in the forum and the user tried to contact me via the listener account so we could "take it privately."

I am genuinely disturbed that this person has a user account (because what they said would affect people who have certain traumas/issues. I reported to 7cups but never heard back. Good job, site. :/

intelligentCar2785 December 17th, 2018

Thats disturbing. Ive had a couple Listeners who I think were just bored and trying to kill time, nothing creepy though. One just responded with dang to anything I said.

I finally found a Listener that I clicked with yesterday, it was awesome and I felt really comfortable. Now hes gone.

AffyAvo December 17th, 2018

I removed the name, as even when someone is inappropriate we keep who we have 1-1s with confidential.

No listener should ever do this and it's really frustrating that this is a problem, but I can't imagine we'll be getting rid of inappropriate listeners completely in the near future.

It helps to stick to the no off-site contact rule and report any issues that do come up.

NeatHerbivore98 December 17th, 2018

@EmilyEarwig your frustration is understandable yet you willingly went on Skype to continue??

Toska0 December 18th, 2018

one time i had a listener who said that he is a professional therapist so he would help me if i pay him like 50 dollar more or less, talkin bout creep he's a fraud careful kids