Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi people

anomaly2424 April 24th, 2021

Err.... ok..... omg.... *breathe, you can do this* Ok. Hi. I'm jessi. I'm 32. I've been dealing with continuous self harm since I turned 13. I have a dissociate disorder that makes controlling it very difficult. And particularly bad/deep/noticable. I've started tattooing myself, because I notice I dont cut them for some reason. My skin has been lost under layers of scar tissue. I want to quit so badly. Dont want to do the big oopsie, and leave my husband a widower. Started a medication called naltrexone. Its supposed to be for addiction like alcohol and drugs. Binds to the dopamine receptors.... it's a gnarly med, makes me nauseous like mad, and because of its nature, I've been forced to quit the marijuana I had been using for years to control anxiety, which sucks I guess, but.... and a real big but..... I think the meds are helping the self harm. So idc if I never smoke again. I might survive this :D

Amy April 24th, 2021

@anomaly2424 Hello there! Very proud of you for doing this and reaching for support. It's a big step and I'm glad you did it. Yay!
I can see that you've been struggling with self-harm for a long time alongside other things and it can get super overwhelming. I do like your way of coping with tattooing as it is a known tip for self-harming. I am glad to hear that you think the medicine is helping, too and we will be rooting for you and your recovery!