Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Long time Friend needed

LisaGabby December 11th, 2022

hi I'm Lisa I used to self-harm I'm 2-3 weeks clean now. I stopped because my friend told me not to do it anymore. She took away my blades. I'm really grateful to her but I'm afraid I will break my promise. I still can't understand why it is wrong to self-harm. The urge to sh is getting stronger with every passing day.

I really want to talk to someone who understands my problem. I also suspect I might have BPD.

I love to read books and an animal lover .

pls read my bio and if anyone has same interests as me I would love to talk to you

faron December 11th, 2022

@LisaGabby

hi I'm Lisa I used to self-harm I'm 2-3 weeks clean now. I stopped because my friend told me not to do it anymore. She took away my blades. I'm really grateful to her but I'm afraid I will break my promise. I still can't understand why it is wrong to self-harm. The urge to sh is getting stronger with every passing day.

first of all, congrats on 2-3 weeks! that is really impressive. remember recovery isnt a straight line; relapsing is a normal thing that happens in recovery, and while it's amazing you are making that decision to quit, it might not be reasonable to expect it will never happen again. don't feel bad about yourself or see it as a failure if you do relapse! also - congrats on opening up to someone about it! i know that can be really difficult.

when the decision to stop comes from another person - making you promise not to and taking your tools, it might not be as effective as when it comes from yourself deciding you deserve better than this. it sounds like she made you feel like something is wrong with you for self-harming. while sh is of course an unhealthy way of coping, remember it doesn't make you bad or wrong at all. do you think she came from a place of support and wanting to help, or was she judgmental about it?

proud of you for taking steps toward recovery! you deserve it (:

@faron oops sorry - i copied and pasted your message so i could read while responding but i left part of it in instead of deleting it. just ignore the first paragraph lol

LisaGabby OP December 11th, 2022

@faron

thank u for replying.

about my friend she didn't make me feel bad or make me feel as if i'm doing something wrong. I told her about my sh. She explained that she is worried about me. I decided to stop it so I gave to her willingly. Giving my tools to her helped cause i know i made a promise so it helped me to strengthen my resolve not to break it. I talked to her and she helped me through my problems and usually finds ways to relieve my stress. She did it in wanting to help not by being judgemental

@LisaGabby Ah okay I understand. Sounds like a good friend, helping you relieve stress in other ways and listening to you when you opened up. Sorry if my original comment got some things wrong, and I’m glad you have a good support system! :)