Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Getting better

Alanarose April 26th, 2016

Growing up, I was never the pretty girl. I was the girl everyone made fun of. My family called me fat sometimes so that didn't help. I was five and began to think about diets and eating less. I went on numerous diets and ate less and exercised more. However, in my opinion I wasn't losing weight. This carried on into my middle school and high school years. In middle school, I began self harm and didn't stop until December 2015 (my junior year) I haven't cut since then and have been holding back. I have more of a positive thinking and am not afraid to eat in front of my boyfriend now. I still get a little shy to eat in front of others. I'm proud that I've turned my negative thoughts of myself into music. I'm proud that I came out of everything I went through.

EnigmaticPetrichor April 26th, 2016

@Alanarose

I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, and I'm super proud of you for getting through! I'm so glad you're getting better! Remember that everyone at 7cups is here for you, supporting you <3 You're so strong and resilient!

-Ezri

BlackbirdSing April 26th, 2016

@Alanarose Everything that you have gone through has made you into a much stronger person, and I know you are going to progress to bigger and better things. Congratulations on winning this battle against your eating disorder. Good luck on everything. :)

buggsby April 26th, 2016

@Alanarose

It's always so uplifting to hear someone tell of their success in the fight with self injury and eating disorders... It reminds me that hope still exists... Thank you for sharing this. <3