Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unrequited Feelings

longingforlove44 January 2nd

I recently had a friend of mine whom I caught feelings for. To make matters worse it was my friend/roomates little brother, so he’s constantly around. I thought there were signs that he felt the same for me however I’ve been told the feelings are unrequited. He would intertwine our fingers, play in my hair, rub my back, lay his head on me or lay on me during movie night, tease me and joke with me. I understand now that his love language is physical touch (and though mine is not), I really felt as if we had a deeper connection than friends based on our interactions but I guess I was wrong. I see him so often and honestly my heart is still tender after the situation. I’m trying to pretend like the feelings are gone but I’m faking it. I feel so stupid but my feelings won’t go away.

Clarezg January 3rd
@longingforlove44 Hello, from your words this seems like a heart aching situation. One sided feelings are always tough and it must be even tougher always having to see them as well. Our feelings are hard to control which probably makes it more frustrating since it seems like you want to lose feelings for him. If you would like to talk more about this situation there are lots of listeners available on 7cups <3