Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Job Interview

LittleHopeInDark February 12th

Hi, how to I prepare for a job interview/complete a job interview with very low self-esteem? Prior, I could probably name all my good qualities, but now I can only think of a couple to none. I have fallen out with my family members who could have told me what was good about me, and I don’t have anyone else that I know that I can ask. Any advice would be appreciated since I’m looking down on myself too often and I don’t want to be turned away from a possible job position solely because of it, thank you.

SoulfullyAButterfly February 13th

@LittleHopeInDark Hi Hope,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I understand it can be difficult thinking of good qualities especially when we have self-esteem challenges. You're doing a great job prepping for the interview/potential interviews already.

✨ We all have character strengths - these are a mixture of 24 strengths in varying degrees that fall under one of six broad virtue categories, which are universal across cultures and nations. I feel like this can be a great scientific tool to figure out your strengths. You can try the free quiz or just read the strength names on the site linked.

I also recommend using our 7 Cups Flourishing Path as they have exercises on how to reflect on your strengths, affirm them, and even find motivation to apply them.

✨ We currently have a building self-esteem series ongoing in this community space. Here is a link for that too.

Wishing you the best - please feel welcome to share how the interview goes or ask any further questions/reflections that you may have. We are all learning and growing together.