Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Title moderated

lausiri October 14th, 2022

I was in a chat with this listener for over 2 hours. He claimed to be a psychologist donating his time for free. I didn't have evidence to prove otherwise. While we went through a series of exercises, I realized I had been talking for 2 hours and I had to leave. When I told him so, he asked for my email. I told him I did not feel comfortable sharing my contact information and then he started becoming irate telling me to " get lost" and "you're the reason why we never donate our time." I am so taken aback by this. Has anyone had this issue in the past?

(Title of post edited by @CheeryMango to remove mention of listener name- 10/18/2022)

October 14th, 2022

@lausiri Yeah, he was a psycho oligist. No professional would harass you and demand more of your time or ask for your personal info. Be cautious in listener land.

— All the best
calmMango9611 October 16th, 2022

@lausiri I am so very sorry that happened to you.

If that happens again, please report them.

That is the only way that 7cups knows, who is breaking listener or sight guidelines.

In the chat box, you can rate them, and write a review, that is on way of reporting them.

Another way, is by blocking the listener.

When you block someone, they will ask the reason why, your blocking them.

In your report, be as detailed as possible.

In the review, be as detailed as possible as well.

The more information you can provide, the better the chance something will be done.

I hope this is helpful.

lausiri OP October 16th, 2022

@calmMango9611

I made sure to block him as he kept harassing me. Thank you SO much for your help! I will be sure to leave a review next time. I can't believe I forgot that!

blissfulbreeze007 June 18th, 2023

I'm sorry to hear that, it's useful to exercise caution and trust your instincts when engaging with individuals online.

HeavenlyMagic August 9th, 2023

@lausiri, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. It's good that you did not share your personal information with him. If such an incident occurs again, please feel free to report it and block the listener.

Take care,

HeavenlyMagic

justjack2001 August 9th, 2023

@lausiri

Hello lausiri,

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with a listener on the platform. While this kind of situation is rare, it's important to prioritize your comfort and well-being. If you ever encounter behavior that makes you uncomfortable or goes against our guidelines, it's recommended that you report it to 7 Cups' support team. They are here to ensure the safety and positive experience of all users.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to the support team for assistance.

Take care,

Jack

MhkHaad August 12th, 2023

@lausiri I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience. You did the right thing by not sharing your personal information. No professional therapist will talk to you like that. You can find experienced therapists on 7cups who would be more than happy to talk to you here: https://www.7cups.com/online-therapy/