Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unresponsive Clients!

Tuong92 December 16th, 2014

Sorry, I am new to the site as a listener. But I have encounter a few clients that are very unresponsive or gives very vague one word answers. It is very hard for me to respond and continue the conversation. What should I do or say to these clients? Thanks

Natta December 16th, 2014

Hey there, congrats on becoming a listener! Unless there is really something technical wrong with your account, your appor the website, the reason members don't answer is because they often talk to many different listeners, sometimes even at once. Sometimes it doesn't click with one, so they move on to another. Sometimes they stop responding because they simply want to discontinue. Remember, many of the members you are talking to could be in a unhealthy mental state and not feeling very week at all, and sometimes it's important for the conversation to go on at their own terms. It's not uncommon that a depressed person doesn't want to talk or,for lack of a better phrase, "spill their story"right away, and can give very short or vague answers. If they don't want to talk to you anymore, they will probably just stop responding or say goodbye. Otherwise, they could just need for you to ask some questions, reach out a limb so they know where to start. The things many of the member need to talk about are often very personal, and this can be why their answer appear short or vague, often in the very beginning of a conversation. Try asking them what they want to talk about. Hope this can be of any help at all! Welcome to the listening community!

Tuong92 OP December 16th, 2014

Thanks so much Natta! That was very helpful!