Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Teen Member Chatting with Over 18 Listeners?

Hope101914 March 27th, 2015

Hello! I'm a teen member here (as you can see on my profile), but the last two times I have sent a general request it has been answered by listeners who are over 18. It hasn't been a problem, they've both been very nice and helpful, but I'm wondering if this is supposed to happen? And if not, how is it happening? Thanks!

mistpete75 March 28th, 2015

I think what happens is general chats go out to any listener available, I don't think they have it broken up into age groups. Instead of a general chat, you could just browse teen listeners based on what you need help with. I hope this answers your question!

Hope101914 OP March 28th, 2015

Ok, thank you. I know I can browse listeners and I do so fairly often. I guess the teen general requests go out to both teens and adults, but adults requests only go out to adults than?

mistpete75 March 28th, 2015

I'm not sure.

wonderfulMagic99 March 28th, 2015

Teen Listeners can only listen to Teens, but once they turn 18 they can listen to both Teens & Adults.

Some Adult Listeners who started here before they were 18 go through a special process to be able to listen to teens.

So as a teen member, you can have an adult or a teen listener.

Hope101914 OP March 29th, 2015

@wonderfulMagic99 Thank you, but I'm still a little confused as you said that "...once [Teen Listeners]turn 18 they can listen to both Teens & Adults." and that "Some Adult Listeners who started here before they were 18 go through a special process to be able to listen to teens."which seem contradictory. Did you perhaps mean, "Some Adult Listeners who started here after they were 18 go through a special process to be able to listen to teens."? Thanks!

wonderfulMagic99 March 29th, 2015

Yes, you have it right.

Hope101914 OP March 29th, 2015

Ok, thanks so much!