Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Patience for myself

asgoodasitgets March 20th, 2015

I was told tonight that I need to have patience for myself....I have patience for my kids and my family but not for myself. Even though I try and help myself constantly, I get angry that I can't make my OCD and Anxiety and Depression go away.

How do I learn to have patience for myself? I seriously need an answer to this. How do I allow myself to take breaks and not get angry at myself for messing up or not being very productive?

ProudWifey23 March 20th, 2015

I can totally relate to that. I have patience with everyone but when it comes to me, im always on the go, never stopping and feeling like i can never get enough done. I feel like im always rushing myself and never taking a breather.

Roadie March 20th, 2015

Hi @asgoodasitgets

I have had similar problems in the past and what I did for myself is at least an option that you can consider and rework for yourself:)

What I did was note down the things that I need to do and on that list I add an allowance for time for myself. Now before you say that it is being selfish, some of the advantages include being more productive in your work time as well as being a little more calm in yourself.

So prioritizing time for myself made me just as productive in my work time but a whole lot more balanced in the rest of my time.

Do you think that experience could be worked in a way to help you with yours, @asgoogasitgets?

asgoodasitgets OP March 20th, 2015

I like that! Maybe make it part of my To Do List. Like then I have to take it :-)

Roadie March 20th, 2015

Exactly :-)