Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to start getting help?

BrokenUK December 23rd, 2014

Hi everyone,

so this place really helped me in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and was just at the end of my tether with the seemingly never ending panic attacks. I have now had a calmer few days and have realisedthat I need help. I have been depressed for the majority of the past two years but have just got great at hiding it or suppressing it in front of people. Now however it has to got a point where I can't hide it and all previous coping mechanisms have stopped working. It's finally time to go to the doctors and get some medication but I'm not sure where to start? What to say and if they'll even take me seriously?

Thank you for your help

Elle22 December 24th, 2014

Here is a resource for finding professionals in your area: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/

Just let them know what you've been experiencing in regards to anxiety/panic attacks and depression and they will help you figure something out. I'm sure they will take you seriously, especially those who specialize in these areas. It is their job after all.

Elle22 December 24th, 2014

Also good job realizing that you need help. It can be hard to come to that point and admit it to yourself. So just recognizing those signs is a big first step. :)