Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Safety Team - FAQ [Updated July 2024]

Rebekah September 1st, 2022

Hello, all! 🌞 Due to the recent revamp of the Safety domain, we thought it would be a good idea to create a frequently asked questions (FAQ) post.

There are currently 3 Safety branches within the Safety Team; Safety Patrol, Safety Outreach, and Safety Discussions. Training for Safety Patrol is mandatory in order to join either SO or SD.

If you have a question about any safety team that isn't answered in this post, please feel free to ask it in this thread - I will be updating the post with new questions every so often, so keep checking back!

Here are the most common questions we receive;

🌞 What do the Safety Teams do?

ST has 3 branches - patrol, outreach and discussions.

• Patrol Branch: flagging profiles that break site rules.
  • Outreach Branch: messaging users with minor, fixable profile violations to give them a chance to adhere to site rules before being flagged.
  • Discussion Branch: conducting discussions in forums/chat rooms to spread safety awareness!

🌞 What's the overall purpose of ST?

ST has an important role within the 7 Cups community. We aim to increase the site's safety by enforcing site rules as diplomatically as possible. Our purpose is to encourage a safe, supportive, and caring environment for every 7 Cups user. If you ever have any kind of safety concern, please do not hesitate to contact @Rebekah, @tommy, @EvelyneRose or @Heather225. We truly care about your 7 Cups experience and we want you to feel as safe as possible.

🌞 What are the basic duties of each branch?

Safety Patrol; flagging profiles that go against site rules, as and when possible!

Safety Outreach; sending messages to users with fixable profile violations!

Safety Discussion; conducting safety discussions in forums or chat rooms!

**More information on each branch is available via their individual application forms**

🌞 Who leads ST?

Current ST leaders are @Rebekah and @tommy. @EvelyneRose is our admin oversight.

🌞 Who else is on the team?

At present, our team members are; @Rebekah, @tommy, @EvelyneRose, @AnnaSilverberg, @iPHOENIX, @daydreammemories, @Rui002, @LightsFromDark, @izzyy528, and @KindnessMatters2020! 🌞 We are always recruiting. Please consider joining ST if you meet the criteria to join!

🌞 What are the requirements to join Safety Patrol/Outreach/Discussion?

βœ”οΈ Verified Listener (apply here)*

βœ”οΈ Member of Safety Patrol for 2+ months* (apply here)

βœ”οΈ Completion of AL1 and AL2 (apply here and here, respectively)

βœ”οΈ Completion of AL3 and AL4 within 1 month of joining SPOT (apply here and here, respectively)

*To join SP, you ONLY need to be a Verified Listener. The other requirements do not apply.
*MENTORS
can apply after 1 month of being on Safety Patrol.

🌞 What's the difference between Safety Patrol (SP) and Safety Outreach?

Safety Patrol members are able to flag profiles that have any kind of profile flag violation, whereas SOΒ members are able toΒ message users with profile flag violations to offer a chance to change the issue before flagging. Safety Patrol members cannot do this. Read here for more information!

🌞 Who can I contact with questions about ST?

Any of the team leaders!

🌞 Who can safety patrol members contact about safety concerns?

Any of the team leaders or @Heather225!

🌞 Who can non-safety patrol members contact about safety concerns?

As before, any of the team leaders or @Heather225!

🌞 Where can I apply?

Safety Patrol ---> here!
Safety Outreach and Safety Discussion ---> here!

🌞 I'm not a member of SO but I'd like to message users and tell them to remove things from their profiles. Can I do this, please?

Simply put, no. Messaging users to rectify their profiles is strictly prohibited, unless you are a ST - Outreach Branch member. ONLY members of ST - Outreach Branch are able to contact users. This is due to team members receiving training specifically for outreaching.

Discussion Branch team members are also not permitted to outreach users.

🌞 I was messaged by a SO member. What should I do?

Please act in accordance with the SO member's message. If you have a violation on your profile, the best thing to do is to remove it. This will save your profile from being flagged.

Should you respond, please be respectful and polite. Abuse toward SO members is simply not tolerated.

🌞 Can I be on all branches of ST, please?

Unfortunately, not at this time. You can only be on the Discussion Branch or the Outreach Branch. Being on Safety Patrol is mandatory in order to join SO or SD, so, in theory, a user can only be a part of 2 branches at any one time -- SP and SO, or SP and SD.

🌞🌞🌞

Thank you for reading! As aforementioned, please feel free to comment any questions you may have that were not addressed in this post.

🌞 PPC (Primary Points of Contact) 🌞;

- Ambassador & SPOT Leader: Rebekah
- ML & SPOT Leader: tommy
- Admin: EvelyneRose

Heather225 September 1st, 2022

This is so exciting! Thanks for making this happen and advance thanks to everyone who applies to help maintain the safety of our beloved community!

calmMango9611 September 16th, 2022

@Heather225 Safety at 7cups, is near and dear to my heart.

Thanks for having this sub-community here at 7cups.

HopefulBambi September 1st, 2022

Thank you for this FAQ thread!

HopieRemi September 7th, 2022

@Rebekah this is explained great

Heather225 July 5th

@Rebekah

succulent update!!! thanks for the love and care you pour into keeping SPOT rolling along, Rebekah!