Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Brief About Hinduism (II)

smilingnivedita 1 day ago
Sunday (Ravivar) is Associated With Surya Dev also known as Ravi and His favourite colour is red
Monday (Somvar) is Associated with Dev Shiva  and Chandra Dev,their favourite colour is white
Tuesday(Mangalwar) is associated with Bajrangbali/Lord Hanuman and His favourite colour is orange
Wednesday(Buddhwar) is associated with Lord Ganesha and His favourite colour is green. Wednesday is also known to worship Kali Maa-one of the form of Goddess Durga.
Thursday(Guruvar) is associated with Lord Vishnu/Rama/Krishna and their favourite colour is yellow
Friday(Shukarvar) is associated with Devi Lakshmi and Her favourite colour is pink/red 
Saturday(Shanivar) is associated with Lord Hanuman and Shani Dev- Shani Dev favourite colour is blue/purple

<
Mangalwar is associated with mud and also is associated with the anger, He is the son of Bhumi dev and in one of the grahas of Navgrahas-Planet associated:-Mars>
<Som is another name of ChandraDev and also in one of the grahas of the navgrahas>
<Budh is also in one of the grahas of navgraha and is a representration of Planet Mercury>
<Shukr Dev-again in the grahas of navgraha and is associated with Planet Venus>
<Durga Devi has nine forms and we worship all the nine forms of Durga Devi during Navratri. Durga Devi nine names will be shared later>

This thread has been made -just to share a little bit about Hinduism -there is no intention in imposing the belief or spreading any type of disharmony. If there is anything wrong in it-I am apologising. I dont wish to hurt anyone's sentiments. Do add more to this - and correct if anything is wrong.I respect all religions.

@CheeryMango

@smilingnivedita Thank you for this post! You are quite considerate and thoughtful for sharing this. I appreciate this knowledge. 💓