Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is it weird to have no friends?

KatKat1234 October 20th, 2022

I feel so weird sometimes. Like, am I the only one? I live in a town where everyone knows everyone. I’m close with my family which is great and I’m well off because of that. But sometimes I wish I had some friends and than I beat myself up about wanting to have different people in my life. I’m doing ok. It just comes and goes and I was hoping to hear others perspectives.

October 20th, 2022

@KatKat1234 Hi. Consider perhaps that family is a “closed system.” Same set of thoughts and stories. It might be enriching to meet people outside of that. Being from a small town might make it difficult to experience much more than a slightly larger “closed system.” Eventually, because of a job opportunity or something else, you might get the opportunity to move to a larger community. That can be a really great opportunity to find people with the same interests. But here is perhaps a caution, you might be in for a bit of a shock. It might be a bit overwhelming since you might not have encountered so many different groups and ideas. If you’re on social media, it might give you the impression that you know a lot of different people, but social media tends to be a “closed system” as well. Making new friends can take some work and skills. You might have a bit of a rough start on learning these skills if you don’t have much practice outside of your family. But skills can be acquired.

— Best of luck
KatKat1234 OP October 21st, 2022

@helpfulAvocado7912 Wow. Thank you for taking time to write that amazing advice. Best of luck to you for your future endeavors.

23helicopters November 14th, 2022

Hi! I'm answering kinda late but me too I have no friends! I thought I was the only one here with no friends 😂 I feel better now knowing that I'm not alone. I don't live in a small town but somehow I just talk and spend my free time only with my family. Especially with my uncle. I love him sm! Me too I wish I had some friends but I just can't connect with anyone at school or in my class. I just feel so different . I have different interests and they think I'm weirdo because of that. I'm just tired of going to school everyday and feelingso out of place. I hope one day I'll find someone with the same interests as me. If you feel lonely or just wanna talk lemme know I'm always open for a convo:)

BastianLatte November 14th, 2022

@KatKat1234 hello there, there is time in life when one is maturing and growing up, so that comes with wanting to know new people and new perspectives. So i believe also that longing for human contact and proximity is a thing we all need in our lives. I think I have felt that way sometime. Have a wonder full day and take care.