Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Which way to let go....

TheselfdisciplinedTortoise1985 December 9th, 2021

My mother and I really started our relationship (She was never around) when I became an adult and my children were little. Fast forward years later and my daughter is going through her teen rebellious days and moves out to live at Grandma’s house (my mother’s home) which I was against. She allowed my daughter to do whatever she wanted to, which is why I didn’t want her there. After everything settled down, and my daughter turned 18, we let everything go. I learned that my mother did meth with my daughter. I don’t know how to deal with that. My mother is hooked and my daughter is fighting with it. I really don’t want anything to do with her. I haven’t seen her but I’ve helped her out several time since finding this out. I’m fighting with what to do. I don’t think I can ever look at her again. I think about other things and feel like the bad person, for example: What about when she’s old? What about when her husband dies? My children have a relationship with her.

halcyonCloud2036 December 9th, 2021

@TheselfdisciplinedTortoise1985

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Family and addiction is really hard. I have been there. I think the only way to move forward is to talk to your mom about getting help and getting clean. As much as you worry about her getting old and having a relationship with your children, this addiction may take all that away from all of you anyway.

Maybe your daughter can be part of the process and together you can all get stronger as a family. Don't give up, but don't just accept it either.

Sending you lots of prayers and wishes for change ❤️