Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Proving or telling my friends that I'm not using them

plumAcres9607 October 3rd, 2020

I want to tell my friends that I'm not using them to help me get a job. But I think it would be awkward and unnecessary.

I told my groupchat, "thank you for helping me with my resume. This groupchat is like a natural support enhancer."

My friend said, "I'm not sure if I can help you with your interview. Check out the Career Development Office"

I said, "Yeah. Im abt to graduate and i wanna squeeze out all their free services 😈"

She said, "Hell yeah do that"

She never cursed before. So I believe she has very strong feelings that I should talk to Career Development instead of her. Anyways, I feel bad for pressuring her and I shouldn't have said "this groupchat is a natural support enhancer. " I want to prove to them that I won't ask them to help me get a job. I want to get a job as soon as I can to prove it to them, but I can't right now.

Pretzelsandchocolate October 8th, 2020

@plumAcres9607

Is there a chance that your friend was just really concerned that she couldn't give you good advice on your interview? And maybe she just really is behind the idea of getting all the free stuff you can?

I am an overthinker, and often imagine that I am burdening my friends. Sometimes it is helpful to imagine my friends meant any comments in a positive way, instead of the immediate negative twist I give things. Friends are there to help each other.

Either way, try not to let this thought bog you down. It's quite possible she hasn't given it another thought. Good luck with your job search!