Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I hate admitting this happened

goodhairdays September 22nd, 2021

Hi, you!

This is embarrassing for me, but I have to start admitting it happened. My boyfriend cheated on me with a girl I don't know. But my best friend knows her, apparently they are close. She convinced me there wasn't anything going on between them, and she was helping them all along. I don't know what hurt me more, my boyfriend cheating or my best friend betraying me.

Thanks for reading. Any tips on dealing with this kind of situation are welcome. Feel free to ask any questions.

Love,

goodhairdays

bestLake6056 September 22nd, 2021

Hey girl !!

please leave him .

goodhairdays OP September 25th, 2021

@bestLake6056

Hi,

Love this comment. Straight to the point!

Love,

goodhairdays

QuietMagic September 24th, 2021

@goodhairdays

Wow, that sounds difficult. Not only your boyfriend cheating, but your best friend also conspiring to keep the whole thing hidden and help them with it. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ I'm sorry all of that happened... I'm frustrated just hearing about it. πŸ’œ

These are a couple resources I was able to find that have some tips for coping with a cheating partner.
https://www.healthline.com/health/why-people-cheat#moving-forward
https://www.verywellmind.com/cope-when-spouse-is-unfaithful-2300654

The main tips I'm seeing in both resources are to figure out how you want to handle the relationship (whether you want to try to mend it or abandon it), discuss it with them, and try to take care of yourself and tend to your needs/well-being. Those tips probably apply especially to the boyfriend but they might also be relevant to the situation with the best friend.

If you'd like to talk to a listener, HERE is a list of listeners who accept chats on relationships.

goodhairdays OP September 25th, 2021

@QuietMagic

Hi,

Thank you for your answer and the links! I have made my mind over this. I will try to mend the relationship with my friend, but I know it will never be the same again, and we certainly won't be as close. I have no bad feelings towards them, and I have forgiven them. My boyfriend apologized, and I accepted the apology. We will NOT be getting back together, because I can forgive, but I don't forget. I am in good terms with both of them, so the drama is over (thank God!).

Love,

goodhairdays

QuietMagic September 25th, 2021

@goodhairdays

Sounds good! Glad you found a resolution that you're satisfied with. πŸ’œ And of course you can always change your mind later if something shifts.

November 14th, 2021

@goodhairdays Thats so sad that both of your close relation betrayed you, Sometimes betrayal hurts more when someone involved in it is our bff or bf but believe me the one who loves you will never ever betray πŸ˜‡