Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I to blame?

FragileSpirit December 8th, 2019

I've been dating this girl for 5-6 months now. I have been loving her to death for just as long too. We met at the same company before we moved to another company together back in October.

Now, as much as I love the relationship we have, we do indeed have our ups and downs as do all.

But one thing I want to mention is that throughout the relationship, she tends to get angry and criticize me a lot. She has an entire laundry list of things I need to change. Which is understandable. I'm far from being a perfect person and even further from a good boyfriend. And I can be on the slow and extremely passive side at times. But sometimes she can be a bit harsh and even unreasonable at times. But I'll admit, I struggle to meet her demands at times and when I make a mistake, I'm met with very sharp reprimand. I'm trying really hard but she doesn't seem to see it.

She's been mad at me for the past few days for something I did. Doesn't even seem happy to see me and even told me that she was "tired of me". She sometimes even compares me to her relationships with her ex boyfriends.

Just today we were hanging out and I believe she went way too far and we had an exchange like this.

Her: You said your ex cheated on you and you broke up?

Me: No, I said she left me for someone better.

Her: She was right

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for a long time. I try not to get angry at others including her, but that was the first time I was genuinely hurt and furious.

Am I to blame?

FragileSpirit OP December 8th, 2019

To provide context, what I did to make her angry at me was that I told one of my superiors at work info about her family. I didn't say anything too personal. All I mentioned was that one of her relatives passed away earlier this year.

She had told me a few times before that she wants me to never tell anyone about my life and family or hers. In my case, it kind of slipped because my superior asking questions about our relationship.

Maybe I deserved it. Maybe she was right.