Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I haven't sexual appetite

EkaEka August 18th, 2015

Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the place, but I think so.

Since I have 26 years, I have a sexual disorder. Or I think this is it.

My sexual appetite dissapeared. My boyfriend understand this, but I don't. Nothing happened, I didn't have any problems. Only I can say is that I began to use the anticonceptive ring.

This is a problem, because I feel angry when my bf wants to have sex. Many times, I force myself to do it, because I know that I like it after, but it's a problem.

I don't know if somebody has the same problem. I feel alone in this.

Thank you everyone.

AdVictoriam August 19th, 2015

@EkaEka

If it's something like a NuvaRing, there's hormones that can affect things including libido. Have you talked to your doctor about this by chance? That would be a good starting place for figuring out if it's physiological or not.

EmpatheticDude August 19th, 2015

At its best, sex is an expression of trust and intimacy. Like with everything else in a healthy relationship, a healthy sex life requires honesty, trust, compassion. I don't you if you and your boyfriend have talked about your feelings, but it's never too late or too early to start. It takes bravery to do so. Differences in sex drive in a relationship are a pretty common occurrance, something many couples deal with. Fortunately, those differences don't necessarily mean anything is wrong. Not that it's not frustrating or awkward at times. The most important thing is being able to deal with whatever you're feeling together, in a mutually respectful, loving, blame-free way. Best wishes!

KoiFish August 19th, 2015

@EkaEka i started feeling this way almost 3 years ago when i ran into stress and withdrew. It would also be around the same time i stopped taking birth control pills after several years ofcl continuous use Could be a lot of factors in play here including a combination of them all in carrying degrees at different times.