Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What to do with liars?

Adarlya March 19th, 2021

What are you supposed to do when your partner says they're a liar, that they always have been and dont know how to change. Hes starting therapy soon, which he desperately needs for other reasons as well, but what the hell. Should I stick around and hope the therapy helps or what? Maybe he'll just get better at lying, I dont know what to do.

sally2345986 March 20th, 2021

@Adarlya No I wouldn't stick around I was lied to by a gentleman on ok cupid.com but i wasn't dating him i just really liked him and he lied about his age it didn't sit well with me No longer in contact thankfully.

thjakie March 22nd, 2021

The issue with sticking around is you already know you can't build the relationship on trust or anything real. There isn't anything there to build a relationship on. The fact he's getting therapy might be useful for someone else, but unless you can ever learn to trust him again then it's a difficult challenge to make the relationship work. I suppose his trying to change for you might get him points, but you need to have a discussion with him about your future together to figure things out and come to a clear decision.