Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips required to let go of huge resentments

quietPlane9908 August 12th, 2021

after almost a year of breakup, I now have learned how to accept certain things and how to have awareness at specific situations by thinking “I’m making myself feel miserable and the other party is going on with his life. So, I should try to stay in peace and let go”. I’ve learned a lot from 7cups communities and various resources. I’ve been trying journaling, meditation and so on.

But sometimes I have huge resentments over specific topics. Whenever I think about those, I always cry and think “why did this happen to me? Why is it so unfair? How could he do that to me?”. Those specific topics can be very difficult for me to just think “it’s okay, it can happen and it happened” as those were very wrong for me. People shouldn’t have been treated that way by their partners. I’d love to learn how to let go of those unfairness and resentment. If I see him accidentally and talk about those specific topics, I can imagine myself being sarcastic and upset and might lead to argument.

i wish I’d no longer have any resentments towards this person if I ever see him by chance. Any suggestions are appreciated.

cheerfulIceCream August 17th, 2021

Hey plane! Thanks for taking your time to write this post!
Being wronged by others, especially people close to you can be really devastating. It's understandable why you feel the anger and resentment, I've experienced similar feelings. Your emotions are valid and make sense.
I'm glad to know how much you've learned and I'm proud of you for that!
Letting go of resentment is hard unless you've completely healed from it. So if you ask me, I'd suggest you to stay on your healing path. Also forgive em from the core. This guide may be helpful for you, in shaa Allah. https://www.7cups.com/forgiveness/
If you need to talk about it further, feel free to PM me or any other listener of your choice.

With love.