Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Read This For Skills On Healthier Relationships

PoisonCupcakes October 13th, 2021

This is specifically catering to anxiously attached individuals but anyone else may find it useful as well.

I was thinking today and I came to the realization that one of the main things that truly inhibits human relationships is looking at people as a means to an end and then worrying nonstop about whether they'll give you the commitment you want or the love you want or validation or whatever else... it's important to ask yourself how much empathy are you giving towards your hypothetical partner? You're asking and asking for them to provide you proof that they care or try to win them over but that's a tremendous amount of stress to carry.

Trust that the people who want to be in your life will stay in your life. But they will want to stay more based on the empathy and freedom you provide them with than anything else. If you want to show your love, it's often more meaningful to try to express it through trying to ask questions about a person, understand them and their needs than anything else. Love is mirroring another person and balancing them out, meeting them halfway, and being as generous as they are with you, building things up step by step.

I'm curious if anyone agrees or has any thoughts to add...

LaurenLo11 October 14th, 2021

@PoisonCupcakes Great post & thank you for sharing! Totally agree with you.