Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I just care too much about him

heatlightning August 19th, 2022

I feel like the root of so many “struggles” or confusion I’ve felt recently is just caring too much about partner. I love him and if expresses concern or fear or disdain in something I want to do then I just nix the idea entirely. It’s like even though I tell myself I love him and won’t hurt him, I’m afraid I will so I just don’t do anything that could risk it?

Could be as simple as anything from texting a guy friend to going on a trip alone. If my bf shows any apprehension or just confusion towards why I would do it or discomfort I just figure “we’ll i guess I don’t need to text them/go on that trip/etc.” So I just nix the idea then I get depressed

I’ve seen him cry and be sad over past hurts and be scared that I could hurt him and that breaks my heart seeing him that way and I’m just afraid to do anything that even could make him worry even if in the end the experience could be used to prove our love or strength and make us stronger. In the past my late partner would be strong in my fear and instead of holding back use experiences to make us stronger (ie he traveled home to visit family by himself and even though I was sad he didn’t hold back; I learned to be stronger and it showed me the strength of our relationship). I need to channel his energy now but for whatever godforsaken reason I find it so difficult.

confusedRaven6140 August 19th, 2022

Do you really think your partner would want you to not live your life because of him?

MonaLai August 19th, 2022

@heatlightning I understand your feelings, I love my dad too, but he wants freedom even though he has had a stable family now, I give he love and care, but he shows hostile to me as he does not want me to ask him not to do sth that he wants. In recent days, I proposal an idea that illustrate my true feeling, you know, he is unwilling to accept my care, suggestion, and love, but I understand him as he needs some oneself place and time. I've seen him cry for his work stress, but he says it is none of my business, so I just give him some personal time and space to think over some hurdles that he faced. Why you think your boy-friend does not want u live in his life? 🥺