Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know what to do!

fairmindedWisteria3450 February 25th, 2021

Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half, things were going really well but recently I feel that there's no more sparkle. As if some of the feelings had just dissapeared. I care about him, and he is the sweetest guy in the world but I started to feel like I don't love him like I used to. Please if someone could advice me or tell me what can I do it would be amazing.

Redvein February 25th, 2021

Hi Fair I'm 38 yo man and I can tell you this is normal. In my own experience and other accounts I've heard this happens in many relationships. I think it has more to do with ourselves rather than the other person. That's not to say this is the right person for you. I'm just saying this will happen eventually with others as well. The best thing you can do is work on yourself while you are in a relationship. See, a relationship is supposed to be cimplimentry to your life not your life entirely. You making a family will come best if you empower yourself with work, or a career, of something like that. For some reason we are programed in our lives to have a family and make that life, but when it becomes our priority we sacrifice the things that really are important to us; things we don't know and find out later that are truly important. If you are not feeling it, let it go. If letting it go is a mistake then make the mistake. Rarely you lose out on the "one that got away". More often the case becomes "I wish I hadn't waisted my time on this". Trust yourself to recognize the love of your life, especially when you have not met them yet. Don't believe in " the one that got away" bs. There is no "one" out there. There are many out there. Do both of you a favor. If it really is ment to be then it will be even if you screw it up.

fairmindedWisteria3450 OP February 26th, 2021

Thank you so much, I really needed someone to tell me sonething like this.