Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Detaching with love? Why does it feel like I'm losing a sense of caring?

PFord79 February 20th, 2023

I don't know how to detached with love, it feels like a part of me is not caring about the ones I love . To detach with love and allowing the other person to make decisions that could potentially be harmful or cause pain or long-term legal consequences. To sit not try to divert them from that leaves me feeling as if I no longer care because if I did I wouldn't allow myself to just sit there and say nothing or do nothing. If a person loves and cares for another generally you don't want to see them hurt or fall and have to climb back out of the pit or experience things that could have been avoided. If anybody could help me with insight on this or anything it feels like my heart breaks and leaves a fog in my mind

toughTiger6481 February 20th, 2023

@PFord79

i is an odd and disturbing feeling ... i am going through myself .......

while we think we need to step up and try to fix ......there is a point where we must let people make their own mistakes or find the pitfalls ................as we can no longer steer them clear of all things .... it may start small ....................then a big thing comes along and with every fiber we want to intervene but either they are not listening ...........or we feel muzzled by them saying you dont know the whole thing ... i spoke without clear understanding and only made it worse...................while i hate being on the outside unable to help i feel like a fog is surrounding me and i want it to clear and i could help but sometimes we just cannot help

PFord79 OP February 23rd, 2023

Thank you for sharing this is one of the most uncomfortable things I have to do.it must be done for my peace.