Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Conflicted Head Over Heart

lightPlane2592 March 15th, 2021

I met this guy and we dated for almost a year, met his family, then we stop talking and he went on to dating other people and so did I. Almost 3 yes later we ran into each other and all of the emotions and not being able to let each other go despite the separation. He apologized and express that he shouldn't have let me go and that it was his biggest regrets. He stated that he has grown and a lot has changes for him. Same for me. When we ran into each other he was in the middle of a break up and I expressed to him that he if he loves her then don't hurt her or me. He explained that he doesn't love her and things were toxic with their relationship. A few months later he came to me and told me he has always loved me and they have gone their separate ways. He thought he would get a second chance to see me and he always wish he could. Now that we have been together for a year, I'm struggling with how things went the first time we were together and how things ended. I've notice that he's different and more mature than before, he's given me a key to his home, introduced me back to his family and asked me to move in. I love him and always have. Our friends and family have told me I private that he's always loved me and wants to build with me. Lately I've been given him a hard time because I'm guarded and fearful. My emotions are all over the place and I don't want to project my insecurities on him. So I've joined this group to freely speak and hopefully have a bit of support...Thanks for Reading ❤

Bellshp2744 March 15th, 2021

It’s been a long ride I’m sure and thank you for sharing. I can relate to your feeling of being guarded and fearful because you are just trying to protect yourself, if you know he has matured and you both love eachother then I wouldn’t see an issue with bringing these thoughts up with him and seeing how he supports you. You two know eachother well which I would assume, so maybe communication on not such a happy topic is what you need to grow stronger than you are. I’ve been through this recently giving my boyfriend a hard time about things that don’t even relate to now things that had happened in the past not even to do with him but it’s just my subconscious making a point because maybe that’s what I was used to, as you seem to be. My suggestion would be to bring it up with him because I’m sure the last thing you want is for that or anything to come between you two again and I’m sure if he is noticing that you are giving him a hard time he would want some sort of closure (I don’t know if you’ve done this already but I understand it’s hard to bring those things up) from personal experience I just sit him down and speak my mind even if it’s all jumbled up or read something I’ve written on notes but if they are who you think they are they should be able to work through this with you not against you.❤️