Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Silent treatments and accusations

l9876 2 days ago

My boyfriend accuses me of looking at other men when infacr I don't. We went to the mall the other day and sat at a restaurant and he was sitting in a spot where a lot of other people were behind him. Naturally as I was talking to him I would look him in the eyes and sometimes look around to think of what I'm saying but never at men.As we got back home he talks about it and it escalates from there.eventually a lot of disrespect took place and now the silent treatment has commenced. I have called, texted and given to his demands but continues to ignore me and I don't know if he broke up with me or not. I feel stuck in a rabbit hole with the same problems, accusations and silent treatments. I don't know what to do anymore and I am severely exhausted by it all. Any advice would be much appreciated

toughTiger6481 1 day ago

@l9876

In the end what do you want ... to be accused and treated like you did something wrong when you didn't? 

a relationship walking on eggshells giving in to a person whom will falsely accuse and play silent treatment to watch how far you will grovel to be back in his good graces... that is IMO abusive and NOT a healthy relationship.  It is not worth being on defense all the time. 

l9876 OP 15 hours ago

Thank you, I do realize and understand all this but for some reason I feel really hurt and can't let go. He was the first person I shared and opened up to.

toughTiger6481 12 hours ago

@l9876

I understand and i think we hold on for various reasons including that we opened up and shared and at one point felt so close and pictured a future. when things start to go badly we hold on. I think in some ways we do not like letting go of our plan/ vision for future NOT the person themselves who continue to hurt us.