Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Should i give up?

worryBear November 19th, 2023

People is married here and there. At 27, I never been in a relationship. Although I never give up on anything else but this. Why am i so unlucky?

TheJoxter November 21st, 2023

@worryBear hey Bear, 27 is still young and a relationship doesn't have a set age. Some people find the one at 21 or younger, others get together in their late 50s or even later. Indeed do not compare and do not give up. You are worthy of love. Some things that are helpful to be ready for a relationship:

• Be authentically yourself 
  • Know your boundaries and know how to set them 
  • Work on your communication (an open and non violent communication style works best I find)
  • Learn truly what you like and don't like and find a partner who accepts what you value both inside and outside a relationship 

Best of luck! And yes try online dating, I've personally had a lot of luck with that after being single for almost 4 years.

worryBear OP November 21st, 2023

Thanks for the compliment by telling 27 is young although I will be soon 30

TheJoxter November 21st, 2023

@worryBear 30 is still incredibly young too! Anything in your 30s and most of your 40s is exploring!  There's no need to be settled at any age or point in time. Take however long it takes you! You'll be fine :)

communicativePond1728 November 22nd, 2023

@worryBear

And I mean, I'm 38 and am certified in over 20 things, have had just as many different adventures, jobs and explored books and topics on many different things and I still live in a tired apartment and have no idea what I'm doing or what to do with my life.

Haven't found my friend group, haven't found a partner and haven't found my 'thing'...not even close...so I'm pretty sure doing things has nothing to do with being someone.

I think everyone goes about life a certain way, depending on their personality, upbringing, genetics and environment so whatever you're doing isn't wrong, or bad or some kind of existential ongoing nightmare of punishment, even if it might feel that way.

communicativePond1728 November 22nd, 2023

@worryBear

Studies have found that being partnered up or in your youth (third finding was amount of money - after basics are covered.) don't correlate to happiness.

I'm not sure who, what or where gave you this idea but challenging these thoughts and feelings knowing they're not true might help you be kinder to yourself and enjoy life more.